Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Usable instruments

Well ... Friends.. After a long period of lull, i would like to pen my thoughts here for your reflection ...

That was one another day when i was asked by my senior consultant to remove the lacrimal sac ( a structure just below the medial most end of the eye through which tears have to pass as they drain ) of a person who had a chronic infection in the same . . As I was doing the procedure my assistant handed me with an instrument used to divide the tissues to reach the sac.. It was only when i began to use it did i notice that the ends of the instrument which are supposed to be in perfect alignment with each other were nowhere in alignment.. yes it was an almost condemned instrument which my inexperienced assistant handed over to me by mistake.. but still i managed to proceed with the surgery .. But..when i was outlining the sac there was an accidental injury to a vein nearby and it started bleeding profusely .. Just then i realised the need for the same instrument in proper shape and felt that i should have asked for a proper instrument before hand ..Thank God there my assistant managed to get another clamp ( thats the instrument) before it was very late ....

After all this happened , one fine evening i had a thought which lingered in my mind for quite sometime. I am an instrument in the hands of the Almighty God . How comfortable is He in using me to accomplish His wishes ? .... How pliable and co operative am I? Do I make Him to search for an alternative at the most important moments...?It would really take time to polish , sharpen and make usable a rusted blunt surgical instrument..How important it is to remain usable by God, within His tangible reach, on time whenever he requires us to get His work done..
Lord make me an effective instrument in your divine hands ...

"Those who cleanse themselves from the latter ( wood and clay) will be instruments for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.." - II Tim 2:21

ANTONY

No comments:

Post a Comment